Skiers and riders should be advised that the GREEN CIRCLE, BLUE SQUARE and BLACK DIAMOND are ratings relative for Sunburst only and not the same as other areas. Users should work their way up beginning with the easiest trails no matter what their ability level may be until they are familiar with the trails at Sunburst. Chairlifts do not service beginner terrain.
Go to SAFETY page to make your skiing/boarding more enjoyable!
- 4 Rope Tows: 1 on White Carpet, 1 on Pussy Foot, 2 (Yes, TWO) in the Terrain Parks
- 3 Double Chairlifts: Chairlift 1 in between Pussy Foot and Exhibition, Chairlift 2 in between Bull Run and Exhibition, Chairlift 3 in between Bull Run and Holy Moly
- 165 foot long Magic Carpet Conveyor for beginner skiers and snowboarders on White Carpet
- 1 Wonder Carpet: A conveyor belt lift placed on White Carpet beginner run for beginner programs
- 1 Magic Carpet: A 540 ft conveyor belt lift placed in Tubing.
- 2 Hook Lifts: Additional lifts serving the Tubing area
|Runs' descriptions and level of difficulty|
|1. White Carpet||The bunny hill - Here is where you start if you have never skied before. Served by two rope tows and a conveyor belt lift for the Snowman Club.|
|2. Pussy Foot||Slightly steeper than White Carpet, served by a rope tow and Chair 1 (via upper leg).|
|3. Sun Spot||A wider, slightly steeper, run between Upper Leg and Four-Fourty.|
|4. Wood Cut||Try to find it if you can!
|5. Upper Leg||It connects the top of the hill with Pussy Foot, more difficult run.|
|6. Four Forty||Steep and narrow, neat little headwall that runs under Chair 1, for experts.|
|7. Exhibition||The main run, wide and consistent, it's served by Chairs 1 and 2|
|8. Bull Run||The fastest run, two headwalls, this is where races take place at Sunburst!|
|9. Holy Moly||Our steepest run, this is for advanced expert skiers/boarders. It is used in the summer for the motorcycle hill-climb.|
|10. Snow Bowl||The longest run, nice cruising run to the bottom. Shortest way to Chair 3.|
|11. Progression*||Here is where you begin learning your park skills. Most northern park.
|12. Sprecher Park*||More advanced features, between Progression and Black Forest.
|13. Black Forest||In the woods, north of Snow Bowl, it's narrow and steeper.
|14. Tubing Area||With up to 12 lanes it is one of the finest and safest tubing hill of the midwest. 10 story drop of fun, served by a conveyor belt lift and a hook lift.|
|15. Minibob Area/Tubing||It is used mainly for Minibobbing but we allow tubes too on busy days. It normally hosts 4 to 8 lanes. Served by a dedicated hook lift.|